EconomyLens.com
No Result
View All Result
Monday, August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Business
  • Markets
  • Tech
  • Editorials
EconomyLens.com
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Business
  • Markets
  • Tech
  • Editorials
No Result
View All Result
EconomyLens.com
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Orsted files lawsuit against US suspension of wind turbine leases

Andrew Murphy by Andrew Murphy
January 2, 2026
in Business
Reading Time: 5 mins read
A A
2
112
SHARES
1.4k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

US President Donald Trump has long complained that wind turbines ruin views and his administration has moved to halt their construction. ©AFP

Stockholm (AFP) – Danish offshore wind energy firm Orsted said Friday its US joint venture had filed a lawsuit challenging the suspension of the lease for its nearly-completed project off the coast of New England. The US Interior Department on December 22 said it had paused leases for all five of the country’s offshore wind projects under construction, citing unspecified national security risks and casting new doubt over the future of an industry detested by President Donald Trump.

Related

Paramount demands $1.9 billion surety over states’ merger lawsuit

Spidey swings high for third weekend in N. American box office

As Opel turns to Chinese partners, its hometown frets about the future

easyJet strike sees 100 French flights cancelled

‘I shot Mr Thompson’: Stunning confession in US health exec’s slaying

Orsted has a 50 percent stake in the Revolution Wind project alongside a renewables infrastructure developer that is part of the BlackRock investment group. The park of 65 turbines off the coast of Rhode Island is 87 percent complete and had been set to go online this year and provide power for more than 350,000 homes, according to Orsted.

“While Revolution Wind continues to seek to work constructively with the Administration and other stakeholders towards an expeditious and durable resolution of this matter, it believes that the lease suspension order violates applicable law,” Orsted said in a statement. The Revolution Wind project faces substantial harm from a continuation of the lease suspension order, it said, and noted an earlier suspension of the project by the Trump administration in August was overturned by the courts. “As a result, litigation is a necessary step to protect the rights of the project,” it added.

The move by the Interior Department came only weeks after a judge ruled that a blanket ban on new offshore permits — signed by Trump on his first day in office in January — was illegal. The Interior Department did not specify what the risks were, but it noted that the Department of Energy had also previously identified potential issues related to radar interference.

Orsted said that Revolution Wind secured all required federal and state permits in 2023 following extensive reviews that lasted years, which included consultations with the US military. “Those consultations resulted in a fully executed formal agreement between the Department of War, the Department of the Air Force, and Revolution Wind outlining mitigation measures” to be undertaken as part of the project, Orsted said.

Trump has long complained that wind turbines ruin views and are expensive. In addition to his order attempting to ban new wind farm permits, Trump’s administration has also moved to block all federal loans for wind energy.

© 2024 AFP

Tags: lawsuitoffshore windrenewable energy
Share45Tweet28Share8Pin10Send
Previous Post

Norway closes in on objective of 100% electric car sales

Next Post

UK sees record-high electricity from renewables in 2025: study

Andrew Murphy

Andrew Murphy

Related Posts

Business

Premier League club Liverpool sell minority stake to Jeff Bezos consortium

August 16, 2026
Business

EU to study potential vaccine for Lyme disease: companies

August 14, 2026
Business

Australia probes three near-misses at Sydney Airport

August 13, 2026
Business

New trend of injecting banned peptides to ‘optimise’ body

August 15, 2026
Business

Porsche to end production of flagship electric car: report

August 13, 2026
Business

German steel giant Thyssenkrupp weighs options as Rhine drops

August 13, 2026
Next Post

UK sees record-high electricity from renewables in 2025: study

Tesla loses EV crown to China's BYD in 2025 as sales slip

Milei eases tax evasion rules to draw out 'mattress dollars'

Sprawling CES gadgetfest a world stage for AI and its hype

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
guest
2 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

New York ruling deals Trump business a major blow

September 30, 2024

Elon Musk’s X fights Australian watchdog over church stabbing posts

April 21, 2024

Women journalists bear the brunt of cyberbullying

April 22, 2024

France probes TotalEnergies over 2021 Mozambique attack

May 6, 2024

New York ruling deals Trump business a major blow

103

Ghanaian finance ministry warns against fallout from anti-LGBTQ law

74

Shady bleaching jabs fuel health fears, scams in W. Africa

71

Stock markets waver, oil prices edge up

65

Paramount demands $1.9 billion surety over states’ merger lawsuit

August 17, 2026

US stocks fall on spiking bond yields, higher oil prices

August 17, 2026

OpenAI to lease massive new AI data center in US, backed by Nvidia

August 17, 2026

Discord suspends livestreams in Brazil after teen’s suicide

August 17, 2026
EconomyLens Logo

We bring the world economy to you. Get the latest news and insights on the global economy, from trade and finance to technology and innovation.

Your Privacy Choices

Pages

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Categories

  • Business
  • Economy
  • Markets
  • Tech
  • Editorials

Network

  • Coolinarco.com
  • CasualSelf.com
  • Fit.CasualSelf.com
  • Sport.CasualSelf.com
  • SportBeep.com
  • MachinaSphere.com
  • MagnifyPost.com
  • TodayAiNews.com
  • VideosArena.com
© 2026 EconomyLens.com - Top economic news from around the world.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Business
  • Markets
  • Tech
  • Editorials

© 2024 EconomyLens.com - Top economic news from around the world.