EconomyLens.com
No Result
View All Result
Friday, August 29, 2025
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Business
  • Markets
  • Tech
  • Editorials
EconomyLens.com
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Business
  • Markets
  • Tech
  • Editorials
No Result
View All Result
EconomyLens.com
No Result
View All Result
Home Economy

Saudi says 8% Aramco stake transferred to PIF wealth fund portfolio

David Peterson by David Peterson
March 7, 2024
in Economy
Reading Time: 5 mins read
A A
2
20
SHARES
244
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Aramco is the jewel of the Saudi economy and the main source of revenue for Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's ambitious economic and social reform programme. ©AFP

Riyadh (AFP) – Saudi Arabia on Thursday said it transferred an additional eight percent stake from oil giant Aramco to firms owned by the kingdom’s PIF sovereign wealth fund, according to state media.

Related

Court battle underway as Fed Governor Cook contests firing by Trump

US banana giant Chiquita returns to Panama

Japan pledges $68 billion investment in India

Swiss economic outlook ‘dampened’ by US tariffs: key barometer

Japan seeks record defence budget, to triple drone spending

Aramco is the jewel of the Saudi economy and the main source of revenue for de facto ruler Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s ambitious economic and social reform programme known as Vision 2030.

In a statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency, Prince Mohammed announced “the completion of the transfer of 8% of Saudi Aramco’s total issued shares from the State’s ownership” to companies fully owned by the Public Investment Fund (PIF).

The transfer was “a continuation of Saudi Arabia’s long-term initiatives to boost and diversify the national economy and expand investment opportunities”, SPA said.

The move brings the state’s ownership of Aramco shares to 82.19 percent, the agency reported, with a cumulative 16 percent transferred to the PIF and its subsidiaries.

Last year, four percent of Aramco’s shares, worth tens of billions of dollars, were transferred to Sanabil Investments, a firm controlled by the PIF, one of the world’s biggest sovereign wealth funds.

In 2022, another four percent of Aramco shares, estimated at the time to be worth $80 billion, were transferred directly to PIF.

“It’s all about access to more investment capital.This boils down to bigger dividend payments, a stronger financial position, and more assets under management,” said political economist Robert Mogielnicki.

“There is also a precedent to this transfer, which makes it easier to repeat,” he told AFP, referring to the previous transfers.

Aramco and its assets were once kept under strict government control, completely off-limits to outside investment.

But under Prince Mohammed, the kingdom has slowly begun to cede some of that control.

The oil giant sold 1.7 percent of its shares on the Saudi stock market in December 2019, generating $29.4 billion in the world’s biggest initial public offering.

The PIF has made high-profile investments in firms including Uber and Disney.

Its so-called giga-projects — centrepieces of Prince Mohammed’s reform agenda — include Neom, a $500 billion futuristic megacity under construction in the Saudi desert.

The crown prince has said he wants the fund to have assets worth $1 trillion by the end of 2025.

© 2024 AFP

Tags: AramcoeconomySaudi Arabia
Share8Tweet5Share1Pin2Send
Previous Post

UN, France co-host first forum to decarbonise construction sector

Next Post

Biden pushes higher corporate tax, touts strong economy in key speech

David Peterson

David Peterson

Related Posts

Economy

US ends tariff exemption for small packages shipped globally

August 29, 2025
Economy

Trump thumbs nose at decades of India courtship

August 28, 2025
Economy

Trump moves to end US tariff exemption for small packages

August 28, 2025
Economy

Luxury carmaker Lotus to slash UK jobs amid US tariffs

August 28, 2025
Economy

US Fed Governor Lisa Cook sues Trump over move to fire her

August 28, 2025
Economy

Ex-Fed chief says Trump bid to oust US governor Cook ‘dangerous’

August 28, 2025
Next Post

Biden pushes higher corporate tax, touts strong economy in key speech

Tinder must explain fee discrepancies to EU users

ECB freezes rates, saying not yet confident on inflation progress

US rate cuts 'can and will' start this year if trends continue: Fed chair

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
guest
2 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest

New York ruling deals Trump business a major blow

September 30, 2024

Elon Musk’s X fights Australian watchdog over church stabbing posts

April 21, 2024

Women journalists bear the brunt of cyberbullying

April 22, 2024

France probes TotalEnergies over 2021 Mozambique attack

May 6, 2024

New York ruling deals Trump business a major blow

77

Ghanaian finance ministry warns against fallout from anti-LGBTQ law

74

Shady bleaching jabs fuel health fears, scams in W. Africa

71

Stock markets waver, oil prices edge up

65

Court battle underway as Fed Governor Cook contests firing by Trump

August 29, 2025

US banana giant Chiquita returns to Panama

August 29, 2025

Stocks slide as US inflation clouds rates outlook

August 29, 2025

Japan pledges $68 billion investment in India

August 29, 2025
EconomyLens Logo

We bring the world economy to you. Get the latest news and insights on the global economy, from trade and finance to technology and innovation.

Pages

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

Categories

  • Business
  • Economy
  • Markets
  • Tech
  • Editorials

Network

  • Coolinarco.com
  • CasualSelf.com
  • Fit.CasualSelf.com
  • Sport.CasualSelf.com
  • SportBeep.com
  • MachinaSphere.com
  • MagnifyPost.com
  • TodayAiNews.com
  • VideosArena.com
© 2025 EconomyLens.com - Top economic news from around the world.
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Economy
  • Business
  • Markets
  • Tech
  • Editorials

© 2024 EconomyLens.com - Top economic news from around the world.